The dōTERRA® Home-Based Business Opportunity
Taking your share of a $200 Billion Marketplace!
"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times … "
Today, whether you see things with optimism or not, almost everyone realizes that some rather tough economic times could be headed our way. It's not just a concern over whether or not we slide into another recession or a depression, or if the value of the dollar will hold; we could also be looking at a dramatic shift in the way healthcare is accessed.
Whatever you believe the future may hold, to survive and prosper in difficult times (should they come), you really need to be self-empowered, both financially and with healthcare.
- Those without their own source of income could well fall victim to the slowing, shrinking economy, through layoffs or less-than-full employment.
- Those who rely on the conventional healthcare system, in the days ahead, will be the hardest hit, as access is either unavailable or too expensive to obtain.
You can find a solution to both needs in a home-based business with dōTERRA®
However, whatever the future holds for us, there are good reasons to be optimistic as we move into these uncertain times, because of three things that many people today don't understand:
- There is no shortage of wealth in the world. Even in these tough times, there are many people — largely aging Baby Boomers — who have ample funds to see them through all but the hardest of times. Even as many other people worry about the future, this group is expected to be a $200 billion natural health market.
- A growing number of people are turning to alternative healthcare options. Alternative medicine has been in a strong growth phase for many years (there have been more visits to alternative healthcare providers than to conventional medical practitioners every year since 1991); but, as healthcare in this country has become increasingly more expensive, many — especially families with young children — have sought out more cost-effective ways to take care of their healthcare needs.
- The mainstream healthcare system is inherently unhealthy. It is, in fact, the leading cause of death in America, with something like 795,000 people dying each year from all things medical. So, even without the present concerns about access to healthcare, finding a viable alternative is critically important.
An ideal home-based business opportunity
In light of these things, dōTERRA® offers you the ideal opportunity for these times, no matter what may come. For a very small initial investment (beginning at only $35.00, for the basic enrollment kit) and no inventory requirements, you can start your own home-based business in the health and wellness industry and, working the hours that you choose, you can:
- Earn a solid supplemental income, a substantial second income or an excellent replacement income, depending on your own business goals.
- Essentially end your dependence on the conventional healthcare system, by becoming self-empowered, learning how to use natural, God-given products to care for all but the most serious healthcare needs, for yourself and your family (and avoiding many of the more serious healthcare issues altogether).
- Have the deep satisfaction of helping others to find a level of health they've never known before, through the use of essential oils and other natural health products, and/or achieve a new level of prosperity, by taking their own place in the free enterprise system.
Not a get rich quick or pyramid scheme, this is a real home-based business
There are a lot of schemes and "systems" out there to make you unbelievable amounts of money, with little or no effort on your part. (Yeah. Right.) This isn't one of them. While your dōTERRA® business offers you the freedom to work according to your own schedule and goals, it is not automatic. It is a business that you must build — which requires real work.
And, the dōTERRA® business opportunity is not a pyramid scheme. While it has different levels of position and compensation, it differs from a pyramid scheme in the following important ways:
- There is a real product to sell; one that has real value and people will want to buy. You are not selling memberships or earning commissions on simply getting people to join; you earn commissions on the volume of product sold.
- While active people, positioned above you in the organization, will likely earn more than you (as they would in any company), your income is based upon your performance; and, if you out perform those above you, you may very well out earn them, as well.
The point is: your dōTERRA® business is a real business. It has real value (once you've created that value) and can be sold or passed down to heirs, as any other business; and it can be worked with the highest levels of professionalism. (Even the University of Chicago has courses on this business model.)
About the dōTERRA® business opportunity
Many people, when presented with a business opportunity like this, freeze up and say, "But, I can't do sales." However, your dōTERRA® business is based on Experiential Marketing. While it would be somewhat disingenuous to say, "No selling required!" (as some companies do), the Experiential Marketing model is based on letting the products sell themselves. You can be very successful without being a sales person. You simply
- Let the product do the work (be a product of the product),
- Focus on sponsoring and teaching, instead of recruiting and selling.
My most successful associate is a rather shy mother of three. She has built an amazing business by learning about the oils and sharing with others about what the oils can do for them; and, when they can't wait to place an order for their own oils, she shows them how they can get the oils for themselves at a substantial discount.
And, one of your most powerful tools for this is the Family Physician® Kit. One associate in my downline has built a very substantial business simply by sharing with others what the oils can do for them. She shares her testimonial of how her family — including two grade-school-aged kids — dumped a tub-load of medicines and replaced them with the oils, and they haven't had an illness-related doctor visit in more than 18 months (as of this writing).
Enrolling in the dōTERRA® business opportunity
Enrolling with dōTERRA® is quick and easy. Simply go to the dōTERRA® corporate website (actually, this is my IPC* replicating website, like the one you will receive with your enrollment) and follow one of the links to Join, Sign Up or Sign Up/Join, found on the home page. Of course, you can take a tour of the website first, to learn more about the company, the oils, see the Product Guide or the Compensation Plan, learn about the Loyalty Rewards Program (worth enrolling for, all by itself), see some success stories and more.
Inventory and purchase requirements for IPCs
Unlike many companies of this type, dōTERRA® never requires you to purchase or keep inventory or have a monthly order of any amount. You order what you want, when you want it.
That said, in order to stay active, you will need to place at least one qualifying autoship order of 1 PV** or more (that's like one dollar), per six months. And, to participate in the Compensation Plan, for any month you plan to receive a commission, you need a qualifying autoship order of 50 PV; to take part in the Fast Start Bonus or Power of 3™ Team Bonus, you need a 100 PV autoship order to be eligible.
As noted above, there is an enrollment fee of $35.00 (and a $25.00 annual renewal fee), for the basic enrollment kit. dōTERRA® also offers a number of product enrollment kits, where, in addition to the materials of the basic enrollment kit, you receive a select grouping of products at a discount of 10% below the wholesale price.
During the enrollment process, you will need to give the company either a Federal Tax ID number or your Social Security Number. This is for tax purposes.
Also, when you enroll, you will have the option to place a product order. (This is entirely optional. There is no minimum purchase requirement.) You have the choice of staying with the basic enrollment kit, purchasing a product enrollment kit, placing a regular product order or setting up your Loyalty Rewards Order. Unless you are already familiar with the products, I'd recommend getting one of the product enrollment kits. If you are committed about building your business, it might be better to get the largest enrollment kit that you can comfortably afford. That said, there is also a learning curve to the oils. Depending on the time you have to give your business, it could be better to start smaller and build over a few months. The point is: it's up to you.
How you earn with dōTERRA®
There are a number of ways your dōTERRA® business pays you. You can earn a substantial income through retail sales, the Fast Start plan, the Unilevel Bonus and with the Power of 3™ program (see the Compensation Plan for details; see also the chart for more details). And, with dōTERRA's generous Compensation Plan, you get paid on a weekly and/or monthly basis (depending on your group's structure and activity). And, all of this is supported with dōTERRA's strong product loyalty, meaning that you will benefit from strong, long-term residual income.
- With retail sales (which can be made one-on-one, at parties or other events, or through your personalized IPC website, like mine), you receive the difference between wholesale and retail prices (an earning of 25%). Retail sales placed through the IPC website are paid monthly.
- When Preferred Customers place orders directly through dōTERRA®, you receive the difference between wholesale and Preferred Customer prices (an earning of 9%).
- With the Unilevel Bonus, with a qualifying autoship order (which starts at 50 PV and increases to 100 PV, for the higher ranks), you receive monthly commissions paid on purchases made by Preferred Customers and IPCs in your downline. (See this chart for details.) And, as you build your team deeper, you are paid on its activity down several generations. More details are available with the dōTERRA® Compensation Plan.
As your business grows, you will be paid additional bonuses, for your organizational leadership activities. These include:
- The Fast Start Bonus, which pays you 20% of all purchases made by your new IPC team members in their first 60 days. This commission is paid weekly.
- The Power of 3™ Team Bonus, with which you could (theoretically) earn a monthly check of $1,500.00 with as few as 40 people in your organization (in three levels). Or course, in real life, it would take more people than this; it all depends on your group's structure and activity.
These bonuses are paid on top of the retail and Preferred Customer sales, and the Unilevel Bonus. This plan takes time to build, but has the potential be a source of massive income. I started out hoping to earn enough to pay for my own oils. It took five years — and enrolling a super-star — but this past year, I bought my first house. These results are not typical, but not impossible.
If you have any questions about this, or how it might work for you, I'd be very happy to help you. Because I'm working with a disability, it's always easiest to reach me by email; but, if you're feeling lucky, I'd be glad to speak with you about this on the phone. Here's how to reach me:
To your better health and prosperity,
Tom Anson, IPC 1135| dōTerra Aromatics™
Certified Pure Therapeutic-Grade Essential Oils™
215 N 75th Court | Lincoln, NE 68505
Phone: 402-489-5064 | www.doterra-aromatics.com
* IPC stands for Independent Product Consultant, essentially a distributor.
** PV stands for Purchase Volume. It's a term used in MLM businesses, since not all products earn the same a — dollar-for dollar — as all others. With dōTERRA®, for most products, PV is equal to its dollar amount.