dōTerra Aromatics™ Ordering Information
Our policies on ordering, shipping, returns and more
- Member Better Business Bureau
- Product Pricing
- Sales Tax
- Shipping Policy
- Shipping Rates
- Overseas Shipping
- Return/Canceled Order Policy
- Ordering Security
Despite our best efforts, some misunderstandings about expectations are bound to occur from time to time. The information presented here is offered in an attempt to clarify our policies and practices, to avoid these problems as much as possible. It's a dual safeguard:
- It lets you know just what to expect with your orders from dōTerra Aromatics™, and provides you with a fixed standard to hold us to, and
- It makes clear the limits of our service to you, so you don't make requests that we can't fulfill.
A note about our Better Business Bureau Online status
dōTerra Aromatics™' parent company, Anson Digital Concerns, was a member of the Better Business Bureau Online from February 2002 through August 2007. It served as your guarantee that this business is run according to the highest standards of ethics and business practices.
As a member of the BBB Online, I agreed to participate in an arbitration process for any complaints that couldn't be resolved between me and a customer. While this situation never arose, I was glad to offer you another safeguard.
But, for the year 2007, the BBB Online significantly raised its membership fees, and I could no longer justify the expense. However, you can be assured that I will continue to conduct business with the same regard to ethics and high business standards that I always have.
All of the prices listed on this website are retail. As with any business, I order the products at wholesale, give them a mark-up and sell them to you. But I give you this assurance:
When you shop with dōTerra Aromatics™, you're getting the best prices on dōTERRA® products anywhere. While I've seen some websites that seem to offer better prices, they invariably require that you go to the dōTERRA® website and purchase as a Retail Customer, or register as either a Preferred Customer or Independent Product Consultant (IPC) before you can order anything. I offer that option to you, as well; and if you register with dōTERRA® as either a Preferred Customer or IPC, you can order at the same prices I pay (certain conditions apply). No one can give you a better price than that.
However, if you prefer the ease and convenience (not to mention customer service) of ordering directly from this website, I've set the prices at the regular retail price.
Many people feel that, since they are ordering product over the internet, there should be no sales tax on their purchases. Personally, that's how I feel. Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way.
Because dōTERRA® is a Multi-Level Marketing company, the company is required by law to charge sales tax on the retail value of all of its products. Since I have to pay sales tax on my inventory, I have no choice but to pass that expense along to you.
To save the most on your purchases, both for the product and sales tax, it might be best for you to order directly from dōTERRA®. You can order there as a Retail Customer; but for product discounts and participation in the Loyalty Rewards Program, registration is required, either as a Preferred Customer (20% discount) or an Independent Product Consultant (25% discount), but is well worth it.
- I keep only a limited amount of stock on hand. I try to keep the most-ordered products in stock, but for several items, I rely on drop-shipping from dōTERRA®. Their policy is to have orders out the door within 72 hours, but usually orders are processed the same day.
- Processing orders here is done entirely by me. How quickly I can get the order out the door depends on the time of day the order is received and my physical capacity for the day. Occasionally, I'm just not feeling well enough to get orders to the Post Office and/or could not arrange for someone to take care of them for me. Other times, depending on how many orders have come in, it just doesn't make sense to run one box to the Post Office. In these cases, shipment might be delayed by a day.
However, it is my policy to have all orders processed and on their way to you within 72 hours. It's my policy to send an e-mail when your order is processed, giving you some idea when to expect it at your door.
For orders shipped from here, I use the United States Postal Service (USPS).
- For Standard Shipping on smaller packages, I send orders via USPS First Class Mail. First Class bumps up to Priority Mail at 13 oz.
- For 2nd Day Shipping, I ship via USPS Priority Mail, but make a special effort to get the order to the Post Office right away. I realize this isn't actually 2nd Day shipping, but it is the best I can do from here. If the shipping charge is much above the actual cost of shipping, I generally refund the difference.
For drop-shipped orders, the shipper is determined by dōTERRA®. At this time, that means orders are shipped via USPS Priority Mail or FedEx. FedEx offers Ground shipping, which takes 5-10 business days, as well as expedited services.
Since many orders placed on this website are processed through dōTERRA®, all charges are ultimately determined by them. I am personally appauled at the cost of shipping, but it is an expense that I have little control over. Orders drop-shipped from dōTERRA® are subject to the following shipping rates.
- Standard Shipping is either USPS Priority Mail or FedEx Ground. Delivery is guaranteed in five to ten business days (once the product is shipped).
- FedEx 2 Day Shipping is available at a higher charge.
Next Day Service is also available, but it would be cheaper to fly there and pick it up yourself. (It would make a nice trip … )
It should also be noted that shipping charges cover more than just the cost of postage. Since I have done my best to keep the price of the products offered here as low as possible, I have no wiggle room when it comes to shipping. However, I do offer free shipping for any order of $495.00 or more. That is a high threshold, I know, but it also reflects my concern to keep my prices down, as much as possible.
International Shipping (Ordering outside the United States or Canada)
While I welcome orders from around the world, several factors make it more complicated for such orders to be fulfilled. One of the main issues here is shipping. Shipping orders outside the United States often involves higher shipping rates. In some cases, shipping costs as much or more than the product ordered, and it can be very difficult to accurately calculate costs until the the order is packaged. The following are some guidelines to help make this process work more smoothly.
- If you live outside the United States or Canada, I would encourage you to register with dōTERRA® and order directly from the company. Their ordering and shipping departments are set up to handle this, and you can get all the details at the time of your order. However, dōTERRA® cannot ship to all countries, at this time. In some countries, you would need to have someone in the USA who would receive your order and then send it on to you.
- If you live in Canada, ordering directly from dōTERRA® would be the easiest, in many instances. However, I would be glad to take your order from this website. The following guidelines should help with this process.
Most orders with a total weight under 13 oz will ship easily at a reasonable rate. I request that you select the 2nd Day Shipping option during checkout. For small packages, this has always worked well for shipping anywhere in the world. However, if your order is larger, and would package up at more than 1.5 lbs, I request that you select the International Shipping option during checkout.
If actual shipping costs are less than what you've paid, I will promptly refund the difference. However, if you choose Standard or 2nd Day Shipping for an international order, and actual costs come to more than this, I have no alternative but to refund your charges and cancel the order. (I reserve the right to retain a portion of this amount to cover my credit card processing charges.)
Return/Canceled Order Policy
The return policy of dōTerra Aromatics™ is governed by that of dōTERRA®. As a retail customer, if you are dissatisfied with any product, you may return it within 30 days for a full refund (minus shipping charges). Simply contact me and we will work out the details.
If, after ordering, but before product is shipped, you decide to cancel your order, I reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee to cover my expenses. Ordering is free, to you the customer; however, I am charged a fee by my credit card processor, both when you order and when I refund your order.
When transacting business on-line, security is always an issue. Every precaution has been taken by dōTerra Aromatics™ to safeguard your personal information.
You can shop online at dōTerra Aromatics™ with confidence. I have partnered with Authorize.Net, a leading payment gateway since 1996, to offer safe and secure credit card transactions for my customers.
The Authorize.Net Payment Gateway manages the complex routing of sensitive customer information through the credit card processing networks (see an online payments diagram). The company adheres to strict industry standards for payment processing, including:
- 128-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology for secure Internet Protocol (IP) transactions.
- Industry leading encryption hardware and software methods and security protocols to protect customer information.
- Compliance with the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard.
If you prefer, I can process your transaction by phone or mail. Call me at 402-489-5064 during business hours (between 2:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m., Central Time is usually best), or mail your order to.
215 N 75th Court
Lincoln, NE 68505
- This website is hosted on a secure server. My host, ICServ, uses best practices in all elements of internet security. All transactions are encrypted using SSL, and are as safe as placing orders over a chorded phone line (cordless and cell phones present a different picture). No system is absolutely safe, but you can be assured that every effort has been taken to guarantee a secure transaction.
- You have the option of paying through PayPal, as well, to take advantage of the security offered there.
- The information gathered during the ordering process is kept secure. Most of it is stored at ICServ, encrypted and off-server, with access by password only. The information that I have is protected by a firewall and port cloaking, and all printed documents are accessible only by me. Also, I never see your credit card information, unless you order by phone.
- Orders sent to dōTERRA® for processing include only your product order and shipping information. This is done through the company website, and is secure.