How we use your information: We don't!
From February 2002 through August 2007, I was proud to be a member of the Better Business Bureau Online, under the business name of Anson Digital Concerns (the parent company of dōTerra Aromatics™). As a member in good standing, I was bound by a strict code of ethics — especially concerning what is done with your personal information. But, beyond that, it has always been a matter of personal principle to treat you as I would want to be treated myself.
This means you can trust me that:
- I will ask you only for the information needed to fulfill the functions you have initiated with me. If it was a request for information, I will ask only enough to answer your questions; if it was an order, I will ask only for what is needed to process your credit card and ship your order. (Other information — such as your background with essential oils — is entirely optional, and is asked only so I can serve you better.)
- I will strictly safeguard all information you give me. This includes:
- On-line transactions conducted over secure servers, using Authorize.Net's SSL encryption.
- Website hosted on ICServ's state-of-the-art servers, with full firewall protection.
- All personal information gathered on the website is encrypted and stored off the server, and is password protected.
- My connection to ICServ is password and firewall protected, and the port is cloaked for added security.
- Access to your information at my end is limited to me. There are no hirelings — or a cleaning crew — able to rummage through the files.
- I will never give out any information to third parties, except as required by law. That means I will never sell your name and/or e-mail address to another business. The information you give to me stays with me, except for shipping information, given to dōTERRA®, necessary to get your order processed.
And so, while I have chosen to end my affiliation with the BBB Online (the membership fees grew to a level that I could no longer justify), you can be assured of the same ethical business practices as before.
Tracking your movements around dōTerra Aromatics™
There is some pretty sophisticated technology out there that can give a website owner all sorts of information about your browsing habits. Some websites use this tracking software to map your movements around the site, to determine how long you stayed on any page, the keywords you used to get to the website or to search once you got there; they can even tell how you entered the site and where you leave it to go.
All of this information can be very helpful to a website owner. The information that can be gathered from this tracking is really important to creating an effective web presence. However, none of that contains any information specific to you. No information is gathered about you; only about pages that are called up from the server. I assure you that personal information will not be collected or analysed; only information that can help me build a website that will serve you better.
Respect for you
It all comes down to respect, of treating you as I'd want to be treated. While no system is perfectly secure, I couldn't ask you to do business with me if I didn't take every measure to safeguard your privacy.
I thank you for your trust.