Information about dōTERRA® Essential Oils and Aromatherapy
Reliable resources to make aromatherapy work for you
Learn how you can safely and effectively use aromatherapy to take charge of your health.
Besides having a reliable source for essential oils, reliable information about the oils is an integral part of any aromatherapy work. Answers to questions like "How does aromatherapy work?" and "What's the latest research on essential oils?", properties of the oils, and so forth are very important.
However, the question of how aromatherapy works is too broad to deal with adequately on this website. In addition, the FDA severely restricts the information that can be presented here. And so, basic background information is about the best we can do here. And, hopefully, the information here will be able to fill out over time.
Aromatherapy information you'll find on this website
Articles posted on this website will answer some of your basic questions:
Essential Oil Basics:
- What is aromatherapy, really?
- What are essential oils?
- Properties of essential oils that help to explain how aromatherapy works, including their:
- Harmonies, Melodies & Symphonies with Essential Oils: Creating music with the application of the oils
- What does therapeutic-grade mean? And, why is that important? (That is: Are Quality Oils Really Worth the Money?)
- What are Certified Pure Therapeutic-Grade® (CPTG®) essential oils?
Quality Issues of Essential Oils:
- Why some essential oils are so cheap compared to others.
- The production methods used to make quality essential oils.
- The AFNOR standard for essential oils. Is it really all it's cracked up to be?
- A Word from Dr. David Hill Concerning AFNOR/ISO: Setting the record straight on essential oil standards.
Diffusing Essential Oils:
Aromatherapy down through the ages:
Essential oil, aromatherapy and natural health references
- Modern Essentials: A Contemporary Guide to the Therapeutic Use of Essential Oils
- Using Essential Oils: What a personal aromatherapy session looks like.
- How to Use Therapeutic-Grade Essential Oils Safely and Effectively.
- Experimenting with Essential Oils: Testing what works for you in the evolution of unlocking aromatherapy's potent potential.
- A quick look at the AromaTouch® Technique.
- AromaTouch® Technique: A clincal approach to essential oil application.
- The Vita-Flex Technique.
ORAC: Powerful potential to fight oxidative stress. GRAS: Oil safe for consumption.
David Stirling breaks his silence, setting the record straight concerning allegations made against dōTERRA.
Using essential oils safely and effectively:
Here, we'll take a look at some basics on ways to use essential oils and some safety guidelines and which oils are considered safe for consumption (GRAS), as well as what a session with the oils would look like.
There is also an article on direct inhalation, a simple and effective way to enjoy the many benefits of an essential oil's fragrance.
The importance of water to aromatherapy and a nutritional program
One of the things I've found to be extremely important with the use of essential oils or dietary supplements is water. Your body is largely water, and you need to renew its stores regulary to maintain proper hydration. You've heard that for years, and it may seem hardly worth mentioning, but it really is critical to your health and bears repeating.
- Water helps to carry nutrients to and into the cells of your body.
- Water carries wastes out of the cells, and is critical to flushing toxins out of the body.
The problem here is: The water we drink creates its own problems for health. But, I've found the answer for me in hexagonally-structured water.
Finding more essential oils information and how aromatherapy works
One of the most powerful aromatherapy applications is the Vita-Flex Technique. To learn about this technique, and to obtain books and/or videos about it, see the References section of this website. Health-Essentials.info also provides a lot of useful information on essential oils, aromatherapy and other health-related topics. You can also see my past newsletters on this site in my Newsletter Archives.