Base & Carrier Oils from dōTERRA®
Fractionated coconut oil, ideal for dilution to minimize skin sensitivities
Fatty Acid Constituents:
- Caprylic acid (68%).
- Capric acid (30.4%).
- Caproic acid (1%).
- Lauric acid (0.6%).
Fractionated Coconut Oil is an all-natural carrier oil that readily absorbs into the skin, making it an ideal oil for topical therapies. Its feather-light emollient effect provides a soothing barrier, without clogging pores, and is excellent for dry or troubled skin. It leaves skin feeling silky smooth, not greasy, like other vegetable carrier oils. And, it is completely soluble with all essential oils, and is colorless and odorless, and will not stain or go rancid.
4 fl oz bottle.
About fractionated coconut oil
Fractionated coconut oil is a distillation of fresh coconut oil. The oil is warmed, then lighter fractions, of lower molecular weight, are separated from the heavier fractions. This produces an oil that is high in short-chain fatty acids, that are easily washed out of fabrics, has an indefinite shelf life (over one year), and does not require refrigeration.
Use this oil as a light carrier oil, for topical applications of dōTERRA's therapeutic-grade essential oils, to help minimize any possible skin sensitivity. It can also be used to calm sensitive skin reactions to essential oils, by applying directly to the affected area.
This product is for topical use only.
Primary benefits of fractionated coconut oil
Fractionated coconut oil is the ultimate massage oil. It has:
- Feather-light emollient, provides a soothing barrier, without clogging pores
- Has a silky, non-greasy feel
- Is virtually colorless (it's water-clear) and odorless, and non-staining
- Ideal for combining with all types of essential oils, for topical therapies
- Completely soluble with all essential oils
- It is pH balanced, to work with all skin types
- Is highly nourishing to the skin.