Cassia (Cinnamomum cassia) Essential Oil from dōTERRA®
Cinammon-like fragrance, promotes healthy digestion and circulation
trans-cinnamaldehyde (up to 85%)
Cassia, a close relative of cinnamon, is notable for its wonderful fragrance. It has been used, literally, for thousands of years, both for its fragrance and uplifting properties, and to promote healthy digestion and circulation, support healthy immune function and help to soothe sore, achy muscles.
15 mL bottle.
About cassia essential oil:
A close relative to cinnamon, cassia has a strong, spicy, cinnamon-like aroma that can be used in small quantities to transform any essential oil blend. It is steam distilled from the bark of the Cinnamomum cassia tree.
Cassia has been used for thousands of years. It's one of the few essential oils mentioned in the Old Testament, noted for its unmistakable fragrance and uplifting properties.
Cassia is a "warming" oil, that helps to promote circulation and maintain healthy immune function. When diluted, cassia can help to soothe sore, achy joints. It also promotes healthy digestion, and is a great oil to diffuse during cold months, due to its warming and uplifting aroma. It can also be used in cooking, either as a replacement for cinnamon, in pies and breads, or by itself, in a myriad of entrees and desserts.
Primary benefits of cassia oil
- Promotes healthy digestion
- Supports healthy immune function
- Warming, uplifting aroma
- Helps promote circulation
- Helps soothe sore, achy joints
Uses for cassia oil
- Add one drop to citrus blends, or diffuse with clove and ginger during fall and winter months.
- Take one to two drops, in veggie capsules, for added immune support, when seasonal threats are high.
- Combine one drop with dōTERRA's fractionated coconut oil, and apply to sore, achy joints.
- Combine one to two drops with lemon, in a glass of water, to aid digestion.
How to use:
Cassia may be used for aromatic, topical or dietary purposes. Due to its caustic nature, dilution required.
- Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
- Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl oz of liquid.
- Topical use: Dilute one to two drops with dōTERRA's fractionated coconut oil, then apply to desired area. See additional precautions below.
Cautions: Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor's care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears and sensitive areas.