Coriander (Coriandrum sativum) Essential Oil from dōTERRA®
Promotes digestion, helps maintain an already healthy insulin response
→ Alcohols (up to 80%):
→ Monoterpenes (up to 24%):
Coriander essential oil has been used for centuries for its soothing and calming properties, to ease occasional stomach upset and promote healthy digestion. It has been studied for its ability to help maintain an already healthy insulin response. Coriander can also be used to soothe muscles and joint discomfort, and tone and rejuvenate the skin.
15 mL bottle.
About coriander oil from dōTERRA®:
Coriandrum sativum is an annual herb, growing to about three feet in height, and is very aromatic. Coriander essential oil is extracted, through steam distillation, from the seeds of this plant, yielding an oil with a green, sharp, herbaceous aroma.
Popular across many cultures, for various uses, coriander oil's health-supportive properties can be attributed to its extremely high linalool content. Its benefits range from the promotion of healthy digestion and easing of occasional stomach upset, to helping to maintain an already healthy insulin response. It is helpful in soothing joint and muscle discomfort, tones and rejuvenates the skin and helps oily skin areas to reduce breakouts.
Coriander oil has a sweet, warm, herbaceous fragrance, with soothing and calming properties, making it a good rotation oil to use in blends to add a fresh, herbaceous note.
Primary benefits of coriander oil
- Promotes digestion and eases occasional stomach upset
- Helps maintain an already healthy insulin response
- Soothes joint and muscle discomfort
- Relaxing to muscles after exercise
- Tones and rejuvenates to the skin
- Helps oil skin areas to reduce breakouts
Uses for coriander oil
- To assist with digestion, after eating large meals, take a few drops internally and rub on your stomach.
- Apply to oily skin areas to reduce breakouts.
- Mix with Slim & Sassy®, to maintain a healthy insulin response.
- Apply to sore muscles and joints, or use with dōTERRA's fractionated coconut oil for massage.
How to use:
Coriander oil can be used for aromatic, topical or internal applications. It is gentle enough to be used neat.
- Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
- Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl oz of liquid.
- Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. While gentle enough to be used neat, dilution with dōTERRA's fractionated coconut oil will help to minimize any possible skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
Cautions: Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor's care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears and sensitive areas.
Other places to find coriander oil from dōTERRA®
Coriander oil is included in the DigestZen® blend, and can be purchased in a 15 mL bottle as part of the dōTERRA® Diamond Kit.