Tea Tree (Melaleuca alternifolia) Essential Oil from dōTERRA®
Has more than 90 different aromatic compounds, limitless beneficial applications
→ Monoterpenes (up to 70%):
α- & γ-terpinenes (<40%)
Sprig from a Melaleuca alternifolia tree
Melaleuca alternifolia, more commonly know as tea tree oil, has been renowned for its cleansing and rejuvenation effect on the skin, promoting a clear, healthy complexion and soothing minor skin irritations. It is an ingredient of many soaps, creams, lotions, deodorants, disinfectants and air fresheners. It is one of the most powerful oils in promoting healthy immune function, and can be used to protect against environmental and seasonal threats.
15 mL bottle.
About Melaleuca alternifolia oil:
Melaleuca alternifolia is more commonly recognized by the name tea tree oil, so named by Captain James Cook (1728 - 1779), because he often used it in his tea.
Melaleuca alternifolia oil is steam distilled from the leaves of the tree, yielding an oil with a crisp, herbaceous, green, leathery aroma, and high in the chemical compounds of α- & γ-terpinenes and terpinen-4-ol.
Composed of more than ninety-two different aromatic compounds, melaleuca has limitless beneficial applications. For many centuries, the Aborigines of Australia would crush the leaves of the M. alternifolia tree and inhale the oil, to protect themselves against environmental and seasonal threats, and apply the leaves directly to the skin, to rejuvenate the skin and soothe minor skin irritations. Modern science has only begun to investigate its potential uses.
Today, research is validating the use of this extraordinary natural oil for personal consumption.
Melaleuca is best known for its purifying properties. It has long been renowned for its cleansing and rejuvenating effects on the skin. It is also soothes minor skin irritations, promoting a clear, healthy complexion. When diffused, melaleuca oil helps to purify and freshen the air and, taken internally, when seasonal threats are high, it protects against environmental and seasonal threats, promoting healthy immune function. Melaleuca can also be used on surfaces, throughout the home, to protect against environmental threats.
Primary benefits of Melaleuca alternifolia oil
- Renowned for its cleansing and rejuvenating effect on the skin
- Soothes minor skin irritations
- Promotes a clear, healthy complexion
- Promotes healthy immune function
- Protects against environmental and seasonal threats
- Helps purify and freshen the air
Uses for Melaleuca alternifolia oil
- For occasional skin irritations, apply 1–2 drops of melaleuca essential oil onto affected area.
- Add 1–2 drops to water, citrus drinks or veggie caps, to enhance immunity.
- Combine 1–2 drops with your facial cleanser or moisturizer, for added cleansing properties, or apply to skin after shaving, to prevent razor burn.
- Add a few drops to a spray bottle, with water, and use on surfaces, to protect against environmental threats.
How to use:
Melaleuca oil is intended for aromatic, internal or topical use. It is gentle enough to be used neat.
- Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
- Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl oz of liquid.
- Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. While gentle enough to be used neat, dilution with dōTERRA's fractionated coconut oil will help to minimize any possible skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
Cautions: Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor's care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears and sensitive areas.