Wild Orange (Citrus sinensis) Oil from dōTERRA®
Uplifting, invigorating, disinfecting, immune-boosting
Wild orange is an unpretentious essential oil, used in aromatherapy to create the feeling of happiness and warmth, while calming nervous digestive problems.
15 ml bottle.
About wild orange oil:
Wild orange is used extensively as a fragrance component in soaps, detergents, cosmetics and perfumes, and in the food and drinks industry.
One of the most dynamic essential oil fragrances, its chemical constituents combine to give you proven anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and antidepressant properties.
Key properties of wild orange oil
Primary constituents of wild orange oil:
- Monoterpenes (limonene 87%)
Some of the therapeutic properties of wild orange oil include: anti-bacterial, anti-depressant, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antiseptic, carminative (expells gas from the alimentary canal, to relieve colic and spasmodic pain of bowels), choleretic, digestive, hypotensive, sedative, stimulant, stomachic and tonic.
Common uses for wild orange oil
Wild orange is one of the most powerful and aromatic of the essential oils. It is excellent for disinfecting and killing fungus and pathogens. It has very effective actions against colds and flu, and is highly recommended for use during their early stages.
Wild orange also supports the elimination toxins from the body, while stimulating the lymphatic system.
It can be both energizing and uplifting and sedative. It does this by instilling feelings of peace. It can be used in the treatment of anorexia.
Wild orange's main constituent, limonene, has powerful anti-cancer activity, suggesting that this oil might be effective as an anti-cancer agent.
It also supports collagen formation in the skin.
Modern research into wild orange oil
In clinical testing, the antioxidant Citrus sinensis exhibited absolute fungitoxicity (it kills fungi) against 10 post-harvest pathogens. It was also absolutely toxic for spore germination.
A university study has demonstrated that wild orange oil is highly effective as an antidepressant.
Other uses for wild orange oil
- Diffusing wild orange is very effective at killing pathogens in the air. It provides a very pleasant way to disinfect and kill bacteria, and assists with colds and flu.
- Diffusing wild orange can also be beneficial for nervous tension and stress, and is relaxing for children at bedtime.
- Diffuse in the car on long trips. It is very calming and uplifting, and relieves stress. Its anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-pathogenic activity also enhances the enjoyment of travel.
- Put 1-2 drops of wild orange in drinking water. It's a good diuretic, and is most useful in balancing water retention, and may be helpful with obesity. Its lymphatic-stimulant action further helps to balance water processes, as well as detoxification, aiding the immune system and general well-being.
- Blended in massage oil or added to a bath, wild orange assists with colds and flu, eliminates toxins from the body, boosts the lymphatic and immune system and helps ease nervous tension and stress.
- Use in massage for its invigorating, yet calming, properties. Can be very helpful for muscle pain.
- Wild orange oil is certified GRAS by the FDA, and is safe for ingestion. Adding 1-2 drops of this oil to ¼ cut of water and drinking can be very helpful for acid reflux or heartburn. It has a powerful alkalizing effect on the system, making it very effective for many digestive issues.
- Mix with a carrier oil and massage on an infant's tummy to sooth stomach ache.
- Add to furniture polish, to help protect furniture against damage from insects.
- Add several drops of wild orange oil to some water in a spray bottle, shake well, to disperse the oil, and spritz on bed sheets, drapes or upholstery (think Febreze®). May also be sprayed into the air as a fragrant, pathogen-killing air freshener for kitchens and bathrooms.
- Mix wild orange oil with water, to wipe down kitchen and bathroom surfaces.